Energy flows of the technical infrastructure within the focus of wastewater treatment
- Dipl.-Ing. Arthur Dornburg, bluemove-consulting GmbH, Kellerbachstraße 8, 82335 Berg,
- Dr. Julia Klinger, ENTEGA Abwasserreinigung GmbH & Co. KG, Frankfurter Straße 110, 64293 Darmstadt,
Objective: Acquisition and visualisation of the dynamic energy flows of the wastewater treatment plant in cooperation with the technical Infrastructure, further development of the wastewater treatment plant to- wards an energy supplier in cross-sectorial interaction of direct energy flows (electricity, heat and cooling energy) as well as possible energy storage media (e.g. sewage sludge, substrates or biogas).
- Acquisition, analysis and evaluation of the status-quo of energy flows of the subsystem ‘wastewater treatment plant’ based on static key figures up to dynamic models (diurnal, weekly and monthly varia- tions) exemplary for the ZKW Darmstadt
- Development of an energy simulation due to visualise diurnal variations with the aim to evaluate several technologies of energy generation and storage as element for building up a micro smart grid
- Examination and evaluation of the subsystem ‘wastewater treatment plant’ in interaction with the overall system, i.e. energy supplier, bordering infrastructure (waste incineration plant) resp. industry
- Development and examination of technology options for a wastewater treatment of the future using the example of the ZKW Darmstadt under consideration of the status-quo, the energy simulation as well as the examined elements of a micro smart grid and the interaction of the overall system